Monday, October 10, 2005

Publication report

These days, I don't get out of bed (archaeologically-speaking) for anything less than a publication report. Nine out of ten assessment reports don't go anywhere due to lack of funding, hence the reams of grey literature on my website. However, occasionally, actual analysis and publication hoves into view!

Courtesy of MAP Archaeological Consultancy, this hoary old nag will actually be recording, then writing-up, the ceramic building materials (aka brick and tile) from a site in York. The honoured (honoured, as it might get published) site is Spurriergate in York. I've seen part of it before, back in 2000, when I was still tilting at archaeological windmills, so know it's got some juicy stuff, including Roman, and probably some early medieval material. Not to be sniffed at. And they're even paying me - Gawd bless 'em.

No comments: